Snow

Get Snowfall in your blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beginning of the Inevitable

               My grandfather constantly reminds me that I’m getting older.  At this point in my life that’s not such a bad thing. One of the main concerns that he has for me, is that I won’t remember what it was like to be a kid and to be in high school. Pretty much every year the same aging man presents me with a journal with direct instructions to write down everything. Though I have tried hard to fulfill his wishes, I am laden with piles of blank journals that sit around gathering dust. It’s not that I don’t want to remember this time and what I am now, but I have no real motivation to sit down every night and write “Dear diary…” But now that I have begun, I believe I must finish.
                Task one—Introduction: I like astronomy. It amazes me that the earth is pretty much insignificant compared to the vastness that lies beyond our atmosphere. When I go out at night and look at all the bright dots in the sky, I realize that I used to just see them as stars, and they were so pretty and ornate, but now I see them as Cassiopeia and the Summer Triangle and they have more meaning to me. Though I love stars that twinkle I am obsessed with those that act. Movies and plays consume so much of my free time. I am not that strict of a critic but I am very partial to movies that are good (other’s opinions may vary). My favorite movie by far is The Iron Giant. If you yourself have decided that you do not like this particular movie, then I advise you to visit another site. If you find you have never seen this film then I would have to tell you to get off the computer and watch it.
                Though I seem to have made myself out to be a couch-potato star-gazer I would hope that through other posts it will be clear that that is not all that I am. I love soccer, music, traveling, fish, piano, food, dogs, running, books, sleep, photos, swimming, bracelets, hiking, paper, plaid, water, pasta, dandelions, the color blue and so much more. There are few things that I actually do not like, like mushrooms. I guess there is no real theme or whatnot to this blog, and I will mostly just be writing all sorts of different random things. Whatever seems to be occupying my mind at the time will probably find its way here. 

1 comment: